Saturday, July 13, 2013

Patriotic Blog Hop



Welcome to the July 13th Patriotic Blog Hop hosted by www.thecricutchirp.com. If you’re just joining the hop, make sure to start back at the beginning at http://www.thecricutchirp.com. We hope that you enjoy hopping along with us as much as we enjoyed putting our projects together for you.



Here’s the line up…




For my patriotic project, I decided to make a new background for my menu board.
If you're new to my blog, I make a new background for my menu board every month.

A menu/message board is easy to make on your own!
All you have to do is get a frame in the size you wish, and start designing backgrounds to fit it!
The glass works as a dry erase board!

Here is the patriotic themed background that I made for July:


I started with the blue star scrapbook paper. I then stacked a 4th of July sentiment paper on top, and then a cream colored paper on top of that. (I always try and use some type of solid paper somewhere in my board so that the writing will show up when writing on the board). I then used photo corners on either side of the cream colored sheet. I used a flag sticker on the cream colored sheet as well. I had chipboard stickers in the sentiments "patriotic" and "freedom" that I used to decorate. I used letter stickers to make "USA". I shaded the edges with a black pen (on the USA) to make it stand out against the background.

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed my project.

Make sure to hop all through the blog hop, as there are many great projects and prizes!


10 comments:

  1. Your beautiful card! Your creation is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the menu board idea. I'm horrible at keeping a menu every week. I could use one for reminders at work though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I love all the stars and the placement of the words "patriotic" and "freedom".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project and so perfect for your July menu board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the idea of making your own dry-erase message board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, great layout and creative message board!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your project! What a great idea! Enjoyed being in the hop with you!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your message board idea and LO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower of your beautiful blog! Gorgeous project!

    sroseberry@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete