Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blue Felt Tree

Robert's Mom's birthday was last month and I wanted to make her something unique.
I have had these styrofoam cones that I had been wanting to try crafting with.
 Browsing through Pinterest, I saw quite a few different ideas for trees made from them.
Using those for inspiration, I came up with my own tree idea.


I took the base of a ribbon container and traced circles onto two different shades of blue felt.
I cut the circles out and then attached them to the styrofoam cone,
using sequins pins.
I alternated between putting a seed bead a sequins on the sequins pin and putting a seed bead and a button on the pin.
I found those cute, sparkly blue birds in the dollar bins at Michael's.
I thought they would be a great touch to this project!
I adhered them with glue dots!


No comments:

Post a Comment