Monday, December 24, 2012

Superman Pillow

This year I racked and racked my brain trying to figure out 
what to make for my younger brother for Christmas.
After much browsing on Pinterest and through my craft books,
I still didn't have any idea.
I knew that he liked Superman, Cowboys, Tarheels, and frogs.
I couldn't think of anything to do with Cowboys or Tarheels
and I had already made him several frog items.
Finally, between brainstorming with my boyfriend and Mom,
we came up with the idea of a Superman pillow!

Well, I am new to using my sewing machine and don't have a lot of material.
I have quite a bit of felt so I decided to make his pillow out of felt.
And so the process began..


I cut out the diamond shape on yellow then on red.
I hand drew the Superman emblem with maker onto the felt.
I then cut out the emblem out.
I hand used black permanent marker to go around the edges of the logo and add depth.
I used black embroidery hread to hand sew the logo.
I used yellow to hand sew the logo onto the blue of the pillow.
I then used my sewing machine to sew the pillow together and then stuffed!




I love the way it turned out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment