Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pretty as a Daisy

I have been wanting to work on my Illustrator skills more lately and have finally found the time.
Over the past several months, I have learned a lot in Illustrator with my (school) courses.
I decided I wanted to make something original and pretty.
What better subject than my cute puppy?


I started out with a outline of her face and filled in the features.
I then created my own daisy pattern in another window.
I then copied and pasted that daisy pattern onto my outline.
I applied it to a layer behind the outline.
I then used my eraser tool to get rid of the pattern in places that I did not want it.
I used a light pink for the ears, grey for the nose, and brown for the eyes.
I am very happy with how it turned out!
I think it really captures Bella's personality!

This print will soon be available in my Etsy shop.
If you would like to be notified of when it becomes available,
please leave your e-mail address in the comment section.
If you want to keep your e-mail private, you may send it to me at
CreationsbyKatie@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment