Friday, January 25, 2013

Upcycled Washers

I love upcycling objects to create new art!
My inspiration for this piece was washers.
Washers come in many different sizes, and can have pretty colors to them.
I decided to create earrings from various sized washers.


These fun earrings are made from washers and butterfly beads!
The butterflies are a greenish brown color.
They have hypoallergenic fishhook earring backs.
They hang apx. 3.25 inches from the fishhook earring.

Slightly industrial, upcycled, and steampunk. Be unique!



I created the earrings by using washers, jump rings, butterfly beads, and headpins.
I took three different sized washers and connected them together using jump rings.
I then connected the top smallest washer to the earring back using two more jump rings.
I ran a headpin through the butterfly beads and made a loop, connecting them to the bottom washer.

Earrings like these are available for purchase in my Etsy shop

http://www.CreationsByKT.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
    My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Cheers!

    my blog stainless steel vs nickel silver frets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you provide credit to me and link back then I don't mind :)

      Delete