Friday, January 25, 2013

Upcycled Washers

I love upcycling objects to create new art!
My inspiration for this piece was washers.
Washers come in many different sizes, and can have pretty colors to them.
I decided to create earrings from various sized washers.


These fun earrings are made from washers and butterfly beads!
The butterflies are a greenish brown color.
They have hypoallergenic fishhook earring backs.
They hang apx. 3.25 inches from the fishhook earring.

Slightly industrial, upcycled, and steampunk. Be unique!



I created the earrings by using washers, jump rings, butterfly beads, and headpins.
I took three different sized washers and connected them together using jump rings.
I then connected the top smallest washer to the earring back using two more jump rings.
I ran a headpin through the butterfly beads and made a loop, connecting them to the bottom washer.

Earrings like these are available for purchase in my Etsy shop

http://www.CreationsByKT.etsy.com